Friday, March 5, 2010

Starting better!

Today has started much better for me! I am not feeling constantly hungry, and I am staying at home where I have healthier choices to eat. I even played some Wii tennis for 30 minutes this morning - and got a shower afterward! Wow! I know that's not the most intense workout, but I am still taking it a little easier because of the bronchitis. I am feeling better, but I don't want to push it too hard.

In other workout news, I have been wearing my new "shaping" shoes from Payless this week. Have I mentioned those before? It took me a couple of days to break them in, which hurt my foot. So then I took a break for a couple of days, but now they don't give me any problems. I do feel different when I wear them while I am out doing errands or walking Evan home from school. The main area that I feel them is my inner thigh. That seems kinda weird to me, but I'll take it. My calves are also looking more toned. Is this all wishful thinking? I don't know, but we'll see. I decided that it was worth a chance for under $40. I wanted a back-up pair of tennis shoes anyway.

We have been eating pretty well at home this week. That is mainly due to my wonderful husband cooking lots of food over the weekend, so that we had lots of leftovers. I made some of my artisan bread this week, too.

Speaking of the bread, I was wondering if anyone had any tips on types of whole wheat to use. The only ingredients in the bread are water, yeast, salt, wheat, and honey. It tastes good, but it comes out so dense and doesn't rise very much. I have been using packaged whole wheat flour from the regular grocery store. I have tried active dry yeast and rapid-rise yeast. Any other suggestions on things to change?

No comments:

Post a Comment