Monday, March 15, 2010

The Best of Intentions ...

can sometimes get waylaid by real life. I am not trying to say that I am a victim of my life, but sometimes the unexpected happens (or the "planned" don't go the way I had expected). I had planned on posting to this blog every day Monday - Friday, but that's not what happened last week. We were preparing for a family camping trip and that took precedence over everything else.

I am glad to report that the trip did happen and that we had a good time. We were all a little wind-burned and chapped upon our return, but nothing too bad. At least, nothing that we aren't recovering from quickly. Steve and I have decided that camping is fun, but it reminds us of all that we have to be so thankful for! Things like a house, hot and running water at the turn of a handle, electricity for heating and cooling the house, etc. How spoiled we are compared to so much of the world!

Anyway, I did view this trip as a vacation, and did not stay to a strict diet. I did have some s'mores and banana boats. I also found myself snacking more throughout the day. Through some planning, I at least had better snacks than I would have in the past. By the time dinner was ready, I was pretty tired so I didn't overeat there, either. At one point I thought I could feel the inches reappearing at my waist, but I think it was just water retention. I actually feel pretty good this morning.

As for exercise - I thought I would hike some, but that didn't happen. Steve did take a nice long hike by himself one day. I took several hikes to the bathroom. (It felt like a workout!) We did a short canoe ride our last day there. It was so nice! I had been white water rafting before, but not canoeing. I wished we had had nicer weather for that earlier in the weekend. I have discovered something new that I enjoy doing with Steve though.

Well, today it is back to the "real world" - sort of. It's the beginning of Spring Break so we will have a different kind of week. Today I am planning a trip to the library to get some books and movies. Later we will have a movie viewing at home (complete with a dark room and air-popped popcorn). In some ways it might be easier to get some more exercise in this week. Right now Evan is outside practicing basketball. Maybe he and I can play some basketball together later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment