Sunday, September 12, 2010

A test

So today was a test of sorts for me. I was sore from painting, my head is stuffed (from paint fumes, allergies, weather changes, or some combo), and I really just wanted to take a nap and stay home. Since we were working on the house yesterday, though, I didn't get in my last day of Couch to 5K training for the week. So, today was a test for me. Do I skip it or suck it up and do it anyway. I am glad to be able to say that today I passed the test. (I wouldn't normally go to the gym on a Sunday, but this was an unusual week.)

I also noticed this week that working out inspires me to make better food choices. I kind of thought it would be the opposite - that since I worked out I could "justify" a few more slips. Instead, I think about how I don't want to undo all that hard work.

Now, I would like to say that this will be the last such test, but I know in my heart that it will not be. I just hope that I can keep persevering - to make it through the 5K and to make it to a healthier me.

No comments:

Post a Comment