Sunday, September 19, 2010

Injuries ... aaaaaaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

So, when I said that last week's "test" would not be the last one I would face, I didn't know how quickly my next test would be coming.

I was feeling bad on Sunday, it seems, because I was getting a sinus/upper respiratory/bronchial infection. As it moved into my chest (on Tuesday), I realized that I would need to take some time off from exercising. So, I went to the doctor on Tuesday to get loaded up on medicine and try to cut my "off time". Unfortunately it took longer for the medicine to kick in than I thought it would and I was not able to go back to the gym until Friday. I tried running, but for some reason (maybe not stretching) I messed up my lower leg and the back of my knee - on what is supposed to be my good leg. Saturday I tried doing water aerobics, and while I finished the class and got a good workout, my leg hurt again. By last night it was hurting quite badly. Yesterday and today I loaded up on ibuprofen, and today I started using "menthol patches" (which are a lot like Icy Hot patches). They seem to be helping. I had hoped to get in another workout today but decided in the end that rest was best. Tomorrow I might try an elliptical and/or the bike. I want to get something in, but I don't want to injure my leg any more!

So, that is this week's update. I basically had to take a week off of the Couch to 5K, but am really hoping that I can pick it back up this week.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get going so that I can hear my husband and 4-year-old son's concert ...

UPDATE ... the concert has ended and you can read about it here

No comments:

Post a Comment