Thursday, September 23, 2010

Peanut Butter Balls

I have been talking about this recipe a lot, so I wanted to share it with everyone.  I decided this might be the easiest way.  I love this recipe and it is great for after school, lunch, or an after-workout snack.  Everybody in my family loves them, too!

Today I made a couple of changes.  First, I used agave nectar instead of honey.  If you do this, I would recommend using less than the recipe calls for.  Secondly, I put in a liberal splash of milk and decreased the amount of the powdered milk slightly.  I thought they were a little dry last time and you definitely had to let them thaw to eat them.  I was trying to alleviate those issues.

So, without further adieu - the recipe:



Peanut Butter Balls

for approx. 100
for approx. 50
for approx. 25

2 c. honey or agave
1 c. honey or agave
½ c. honey or agave
3 c. creamy peanut butter
1 ½ c. creamy peanut butter
¾ c. creamy peanut butter
5 c. dry milk powder
2 ½ c. dry milk powder
1 ¼ c. dry milk powder
6 c. quick oats
3 c. quick oats
1 ½ c. quick oats

Mix all together with hand mixer. Form into balls with hands and freeze on waxed paper lined cookie sheets until hardened. Store in freezer in ziploc bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment